"Girl You're Amazing, Just the way you are.
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for awhile,
cause girl you're amazing just the way you are.
When I see your face there's not a thing that I would change,
cause you're amazing just the way you are."
If you are unfamiliar with the song, here's the video (which again is not mother/daughter song, just the above lyrics are applicable) Just the Way You Are-Bruno Mars
I guess I was in a sentimental mood because then for her bedtime story we read "Love You Forever"-which is a wonderfully bittersweet story about a mom and her love for her son that then continues as he grows and has a daughter of her own. Jesse was upset with me the first time he read it for not warning him that it was sad. It is sad, but its also such a heart touching story of a parent's unending love for their child. If you haven't read it, the next time you're in a bookstore/library/my house you'll have to do so-but be prepared to shed a tear or ten.
The song the mom sings to her son and then the son to his daughter:
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As longs as I'm living
my baby you'll be.
I think my love for Hannah has also shown me even more how much God loves us. He sings us the song from the story "I'll love you forever....my child you'll be." I think about how much I, in my imperfection, love Hannah-how much more does God who is perfect love us though we sin and ignore Him. Since having Hannah I feel I have come to somewhat understand His love a little more.
P.S. Thanks to Kacy Bunte I have a link to listen to Love You Forever -the Author reads and sings it very different than me but you can still hear the story. He reads it more as an exciting story and i usually read it as a soft, quiet book right before Hannah goes to sleep. I also read the authors background on writing this song and that made me cry! Thanks Kacy Bunte!

I. Love. That. Book!
ReplyDeleteI had my third graders study Robert Munsch this year and then write a story using his writing as inspiration (he has mastered the art of repetition and onomatopoeia). Anyway, we read/listened to a ton of his books and during Love You Forever, some of my third graders were in tears over it! I gave it to my brother and sister-in-law who just had a baby and my brother cried, too!
If you haven't already, go to http://robertmunsch.com/books/ and listen to him read it. He has so much expression and actually puts the little song to a tune. LOVE. IT!
Comin from someone who has raised her Son and wishes the very best for him, I can only imagine how my Sister must feel about you, Jesse and, Hannah. The two of you have blessed our family with a most perfect gift from God. Love her, with all your heart, ALL THE TIME! Hannah deserves no less; you and Jesse deserve no less.
ReplyDeleteI love this book too! It does change a bit when Aaron reads it with voices though... :(
ReplyDeleteI know how much I love Hannah and I can only imagine how much you and Jesse love her. We are so thankful for you, Hannah, and Jesse. We just need to see you more in TEXAS!! (You know I had to get that in there!)
ReplyDelete