Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter, Baby and More (long catch-up)

Here are some quick snapshots of our life lately and a few funny stories-

Aunt Blaire came to visit and we went to the 100+ year old Hammonds Candy factory, the zoo and the aquarium! We had a great time with Aunt blaire visiting! Hannah had a hard time saying "Aunt Blaire" and it came out like "Ah Bah".



Lately Hannah likes to ask for something and then change her mind and go back and forth many times without ever making a decision. I was told by a friend this great motto "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit." So we've been saying this for about a week now. Today she asked for applesauce, then yogurt, then applesauce then yogurt. I told her to pick one and thats what it would be. She said "yogurt" so before she could say anything else I scooped yogurt into a bowl. She started to fuss and say "applesauce" and then stopped herself and said "get get, no fit"! I can't believe she had gotten our lesson! I was so proud of her. She promptly ate her yogurt with no more fuss.

She is also in a fun play stage right now where she loves to "rough house" with daddy, here's a video...




Hannah loves to "see" the baby and talk to my belly. She tells the baby "I Hannah, I two, I big sister". She shows the baby how to brush her teeth, how to eat food, etc. She talks about how she will hold the baby and help mommy with the baby. I  know she really has no idea how much this baby will change her life but as much as she is capable, she is excited about this baby's arrival. I'm excited too!



Hannah had her first haircut! I just wanted to shape it all up though I really don't know that you could tell any difference. We cut off maybe a 1/2" to 1" of her little curls. She loved the haircut! The place was great. They had child sized chairs with seat belts and a movie of dogs playing. After the cut was done they put in pigtails and glitter and gave her a star stamp on her cheek. She then got to walk the runway and see herself in the mirror and on the tv screen. She loved the day!

 before....









We went to Houston a few weeks ago, to see PawPaw, GaGa and Aunt Ashley along with some other family and friends. We got to take Hannah to galveston and the beach. She loved the waves and water! But she also got sick while on this trip and took a random nap in GaGas arms! Very sweet moment. But poor sick girl...





For Easter we did a lot of traditional things. Poni was able to have a 24 hour layover in Denver the day before easter so she got to be there for Hannah's first easter egg hunt and to dye eggs with her. At the easter egg hunt they had little bunnies for her to hold and pet. She loved it!! She also loved the bounce house they had. The easter egg hunt was a little confusing for her but she still did good. I don't think she knew there was candy inside the eggs so she wasn't too interested in picking them up. Once we told her there were eggs inside, she wanted to stop and open them but there were so many kids running around, I had to encourage her to just get the eggs and go-we would look later. Then on Easter morning we talked to her about what easter was about (as we had been doing all week leading up to Easter). We reminded her about how Jesus came to save us by dying for us. Then three days later the tomb was empty and Jesus rose. We then told her that we had hidden an easter basket for her in the house-she loved looking for it then finding it!













Here is a pic of me at 20 weeks pregnant and then again on Easter at 22 weeks pregnant with our little boy.



There's many more stories I could share but I think I've probably maxed out my (and your) time! 

4 comments:

  1. Loved seeing all these pics. If you have time could you send some of the pics of me and Hannah, or post them on Facebook so I can see them. LOVE THE POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was certainly informative! Loved the stories and all the pictures. The hair cut pictures were especially cute, and the videos were so funny...we really laughed at the one with Hannah and Jesse. Thanks for catching us up on the last few months.
    MIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah's laughin while playin around with Jesse was so cute. Made me laugh and then she wanted more!! All the fotos and videos were great. Tks for such a fun update & see ya in a few weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your update! Hannah is growing up so fast. You look great btw!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! It makes my day if you leave comments. So if you've read, then please let me know your thoughts. You've made my day!