Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanksgiving! And Beyond!

I know this is behind, but we had a great thanksgiving. We watched the Macy's day parade, made a gingerbread house, had cinnamon rolls for lunch and had 14 people to our house for dinner. We had such a great (and busy) day that I hardly took any pictures. But here are the few that I did sneak in.







That night I was here.....

Thats right, thats me at Walmart on Black "Friday". I never thought I would be at WALMART on black friday but there I was. I'd like to say I'll never be back as it was terrifying and I got elbowed in the face-but I may if there is a deal that is good enough. And I got the kitchen I've been searching for on Craigslist for months, brand new at the same price its going for used. So I'm happy!

Then we decorated for Christmas. I realized that decorating with a tall, walking Hannah would be a lot different than any other year. We have much less decorations out than any other year and everything is about shoulder level or higher. 

This year. Notice everything is above the mantle. 

See how the stockings are hanging under than mantle and there is a small tree on the far right. Not this year! Not with Hannah and the other kiddos that are in my house frequently. It was much more simple to decorate this year.
While I was getting the tree ready for us to decorate, Jesse entertained Hannah with "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" which was his favorite book as a kid. She was pretty interested for about 5 pages. But its a long book with a lot of LONG words so it didn't last long....maybe next year.


Hannah got to open an early Christmas Present from her GaGa, PawPaw and Aunt Ashley-A beautiful winter coat that is also perfect for Christmas!!! She loved the little purse that came with it.


And today, before church......

The next week, Pops and Poni (or as Hannah says Pop Pop and Pap-po) came to visit. Again I didn't take many pics, but we got a couple in-

Hannah snuggling with Pap-po

Hannah and Maddy playing "Hop on Pop". They loved this game!

Well, thats all I have for now. Hopefully I'll get another post in before Christmas, but if not, enjoy the day with Family and Friends celebrating the birth of Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It makes my day if you leave comments. So if you've read, then please let me know your thoughts. You've made my day!