Thursday, April 21, 2011

Potty, Park and Pound Chicken

Today, I was renewed in my quest to have Hannah potty trained early! I am so sick of diapers and leaking diapers and waste and stink and throwing away money. So, after breakfast, we went straight to the potty-read books, sang songs. Then Maddy came and she played in the bathroom with us. We had a grand time! Then Hannah poo'd in the potty and we had a wonderful celebration. There were high fives and a piece of candy and the ritual of flushing the toilet. This afternoon after nap she also pee'd in the potty! Again, high fives, candy and flushing! Yay Hannah!



I will admit, potty training is way harder and requires more patience than weaning, dropping the third nap, getting rid of the paci, transitioning to the sippy cup, and all other changes we've made thus far. But, probably the most rewarding!

We got to go the the park today. Some days Hannah is afraid of the swing but today she walked right up to it and made it clear that she wanted in it. She swung for about 30 minutes! She loved it today! She also tried to climb up the slide-life lesson #1564 for Hannah-slides are for going down, not up. (trying to prevent future injury) She climbed up the steps and slide down about 15 times. Then after nap, potty, and snack this afternoon we played in the backyard. She had so much energy today! She is exploring and moving non-stop.

For dinner we had pound chicken that I loved and Jesse liked. I joined a cooking group through my church and can now have fabulous meals with very little work. Its very nice! Jesse has liked all the meals and I love just defrosting a meal I made a month ago and popping it in the oven or crockpot. If you get the chance to join a cooking group, I highly recommend it! Put in 4 hours with your friends one evening a month and get 7+ meals out of it. Voila!



So, thats a run down of our day-Potty, Park and Pound chicken! Yumm!

6 comments:

  1. Cutest picture of a toddler on a potty that I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Hannah is right, and yea Mommy for being so diligent! That is the cutest potty picture! I'm curious, what kind of candy do you give her? I'm glad she likes the park and playing in the backyard.
    MIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of Hannah! We always knew she was an advanced baby!!! I love the picture...she looks so cute and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like "I'm a BIG Girl Now" could become Hannah's daily mantra!! As for her enjoyin dinner, Ummm, I assume it was bathtime right afterwards:) She's sooooo adorable. Tks for postin the fun fotos, Hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny-I AM in a cooking group at church! We are called "Dinner Darlings." It's the best thing to ever happen to me! Our deep freeze is FULL of meals. Everyone else makes one 9x13 whereas I can make three smaller dishes to their one big. I won't have to cook for months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous of the potty training! We are getting so close here! how old is your Hannah??

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! It makes my day if you leave comments. So if you've read, then please let me know your thoughts. You've made my day!